HOORAY HOORAY ITS KINDERGARTEN DAY!

WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN!!!

My name is Mrs. Winter and I will be your Early Learning Program Teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. My educational background consists of a Diploma in Early Childhood Education, an Honours Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Early Childhood and a Bachelor of Education in the Primary, Junior and Intermediate Divisions. I also have additional qualifications that include my Primary Specialist, Guidance and Special Education courses. I am excited to engage in a fun-filled year with your children! J

The energetic, friendly and compassionate Registered Early Childhood Educator this year is Mrs. Saini. She also has her Early Childhood Education Diploma and is also registered with the Ontario College of Teachers. Her experience working within the Peel District School Board has allowed her to implement creative and innovative ideas whereby students can learn and grow. Mrs. Saini is a fresh of breath air that brings new light and commitment to the Early Learning Program. I look forward to having her as my Early Childhood Educator this year!

Although your child may be a little apprehensive about coming to kindergarten, this is an exciting time for him or her. This is also a time for mixed emotions from parents. The first day of school will mark one of the most important milestones in your child’s life. Be assured that we will do our best to make this school year an enjoyable time for your child, but also a time filled with real learning. The best part about the Early Learning Program is students will be able to explore their environment and engage their learning through play. Students will investigate, ask questions, discover and engage in inquiry skills to further their development in all subject areas. The skills we practise daily in kindergarten are the building blocks for your child’s future success in school and in life!

Attached you will find a list of the essential items your child needs to bring to school everyday. Think of this as a checklist to help you organize yourself before leaving for school each day. You will also find a helpful sheet about the different communication tools we will be using in our Full-Day Kindergarten program. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Saini or myself at anytime! We believe open communication is key when establishing a warm and nurturing classroom environment for the students!

Checklist:

Daily Checklist Before Leaving for School

Communication Tool Information:

Communications with Parents- Blog_Remind 101

I’m so excited to see my SK students and meet all my new JK friends!

Mrs. Winter

Skip to toolbar